Monday, April 25, 2011

To run through the pain or not run through the pain?

The last 4 days I have been sick and congested, unable to do any sort of exercise outside. This morning I finally felt good enough to get out and try another run to start my Easter Sunday, especially since I would be eating a lot of rich food.

Stretching thoroughly I then headed out while it was still very cloudy and gloomy outside.  The first 2 miles, no pain at all. After mile 3 I could feel a bit of pain and stopped after 3 1/2. I was disappointed with today's run, I wasn't able to progress and I was feeling some pain today at the Easter party.

I was talking to my future sister in law today and she said after the party she was going on a 7 mile run, I envied her. I want to do that again. I felt like I could explore and go places on foot I hadn't gone before. I just feel stuck. I always felt so accomplished when I ran a long distance.

Don't get me wrong, 3 1/2 miles is an accomplishment; but, right now it doesn't feel like it because 6 miles used to be an easy run for me.

"All in time, all in time."

That's what I keep telling myself

No comments:

Post a Comment