Friday, April 15, 2011

A great day back in training

I was finally able to run past 3 miles today, pain free in my knee, the stretches before my runs are really helping. I ran at the elementary school by house and there was baseball practice on both fields. I basically run around the school which is about a 1/3 mile per lap. It felt great to have the sun at my back and hear the kids. I played t-ball when I was the same age, it was nostalgic.

I've also been working on 4 core exercises: pull-ups, push-ups, air squats and lunges. These are really helping me strengthen my core, legs and major muscle groups.

I've found a significant pleasure in doing pull-ups and lunges. I've always envied people who can just go up and do 10 wide grip pull-ups. I can do about 4-5 per set now (much better than the 1-2 per set I was doing in January) and working my way up. I've never been able to do them.

It's all 1 day at a time, hopefully I can hike longer distances and be pain free. I'm planning on hiking Lake Chabot on Tuesday morning, we will see how it goes. I'm hesitant to bring my rucksack with me, I'm feeling the extra weight might be a bit much this early.  I still have about 30 days until the goruck challenge and the less I aggravate my knee right now the better.

It sure is hard to stick with the diet with all this Easter candy around, those little mini chocolate Cadbury eggs are my weakness for sure. I could eat those all day.

Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment