Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hike update

The hike around Lake Chabot on Tuesday was a success. All 11-12 miles was pain free and no trouble with the knee. The hike took under about 4 hours and was a lot of fun.

However, I did not carry the goruck bag with bricks. I thought it would be better to take it easy at this point in training and not create another flare up of pain. Basically, if I am going to re-injure myself it will be at the goruck challenge and I can deal with it then. No sense in pushing myself too much right now.
I wish I had been drinking more water during the hike, I was really dehydrated after. Lessen learned. I had really only taken about 2 sips of water the whole time, no bueno.

Other than that this week has been mostly resting from a long weekend of work, hopefully tomorrow and the rest of the weekend I can be active each day. I want to keep working on my distance running and strengthening my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment