Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A new start

Its May!!
Since the start of the new year, myself and a few friends have been very ambitious in our journey of getting in shape and experiencing a whole new world of compitition not only against each other, but also in the form of half marathons, mud runs, 5k's and the dreaded full marathon. I am no psychic; but, I have a feeling... that the upcoming summer will be very active. This blog is aimed at capturing upcoming summer activities so we may see our progress, struggles and fun that we have this year.

Many of us are signed up for the upcoming half marathon in Big Sur, November 19th. I can honestly say that I have never tackled such a large quantity of running before, but I am excited to start the training for this new experience as well as crossing the finish line. To many of us this race seems attainable and also impossible. What seems to be keeping me so motivated to do it is all the people I am doing it with. "We're doing this together and together we can do anything!"
I have just signed up for an event in October called "Tough Mudders" where it is a 7 mile course with 17 different challenging obstacles. When I look at the website for this race and read all the different challenges, I have to hold my breath to keep myself from screaming with excitement. Lets just say it brings me back to the old football days of grit, muscle and hard work. The kind of race where every weakness poccessed is right in front of you, staring you in the face. This is more than a challenge, it's scary as hell and makes me want to loose my lunch...and breakfast. How can anyone get through a race like this? I will tell you, It takes commitment, drive and perserverance, this is what I hope to capture this summer as we all train for these two events because it's going to be hard and something we may look back on later in life and say "how the hell did we do that?"
Well, this is how...

No comments:

Post a Comment