Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Under the lights

"I run on the road, long before I dance under the lights."
- Muhammed Ali

We train and practice to be ready for events. We suffer and sacrifice so that the "other guy" across from you will know that you are the better of the two. Competition can drive us to new possibilities and motivate us to go farther than we thought. Competition is good, even if it is just with yourself. When you do something that someone said was impossible or that you thought was impossible, there is no better feeling than overcoming that, raising up your hands in victory and saying "I did it."

Over the weekend, I ran 8 miles, the farthest I have ever ran in my entire life. It felt great to really do something out of my comfort zone and now possibilities seem endless. Although, with this achievement I also was reminded of how sore you get from running this kind of distance. It can be a rollercoaster, one day your up and the next day your down. Just keep going!!!

Remember to get out there and run on the streets so that you will have the opportunity to dance under those lights and "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

No comments:

Post a Comment